The University of Milano-Bicocca
The University of Milano-Bicocca is situated in the northern part of the City of Milan, Italy. Despite its young age (est. in 1998) it ranks among the top Italian universities and according to Times Higher Education (2015 edition) it ranks 24th among the world’s young universities.
How to reach Milan
Three airports connect Milano to the rest of the world: Linate (the closest to the city centre), Malpensa (the largest) and Orio al Serio. All three airports offer frequent busses and/or trains to reach the Central Station, which is connected to Bicocca by bus 87 (1.50 Euro) or taxi (around 15 Euro). From Linate you can also take bus 73 to San Babila and then Metro M1 + Tram 7 (see below).
Most national and international trains arrive at Central Station or at Porta Garibaldi Station. Both stations are well connected to Bicocca: from Central Station you can either take bus 87 (1.50 Euro) or a taxi (around 15 Euro), from Porta Garibaldi Station you can take the purple line (M5) of the Metro (1.50 Euro) or a taxi (around 15 Euro).
How to reach the conference Venue
The conference takes place at
University of Milano-Bicocca, Building U4
Piazza della Scienza
- by Metro M5 (purple line):train stop “Ponale”
- by Metro M1 (red line): train stop “Precotto” and then Tram 7 direction “Messina”, tram stop “Università Bicocca Scienza”
- by bus 87: stop “Teatro Arcimboldi”
- by bus 51: stop “Ponale-Testi”
- by Tram 7: stop “Università Bicocca Scienza”
- by train: station Greco-Pirelli (lines S8, S9, S11 + regional train)
For more information you can use the website of ATM (the public transportation firm for Milan).”